Thursday, May 13, 2010

Proper Recap

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I did a proper blog entry so I'm gonna give that shot here.

First, I got my wisdom teeth out about a week ago. I'm still kinda recovering from that in the sense that my energy is less than 100% and physical activity makes my mouth sore. It takes me around 3x as long as usual to eat dinner now, so I'm starting to get how Stan felt for the better part of year ripping apart Bartlett cheeseburgers (hoping that this shoutout gets me a full trip report of Texas de Brazil Express...)

The week before that was midterms and I think I did pretty well considering the time I put in. Metrics is a lot easier than I expected it to be, although mostly just because it's curved and my stat electives covered a lot of this material that other econ majors haven't seen before. I'm also going to write my stat final about the history of statistics in poker, which I'm pretty excited about since it's going to write itself once I find the research. I'm obviously more comfortable writing about poker than probably anything else in the world so it's great that I had this option. Maybe I'll cross post it here once I'm done with it if anyone's interested.

Also for anyone in Chicago, a friend of mine is organizing a student run poker event on May 29th on my campus, and there's going to be a friendly $10 tournament (expecting 100+ runners) with a variety of prizes (I don't think it pays out cash because of university regulation, but I may be wrong). Prior to the tournament he's asked me to help out do a poker presentation of some sort, which I'm hoping to get video taped. I'm not gonna post that publicly I don't think, but ask me if you want to see it cause it should be entertaining. I'm planning to play a poker session on a big screen monitor and answer panel questions with the help of the guy organizing the event.

In other news...my Series 7 is just 3 weeks away and I'm just starting to start seriously taking practice exams, so that's going to be a cram. Hopefully I don't have much in terms of school work over the next few weeks because I'm going to try to take 1-2 exams per day until I'm really comfortable with the material. Also, to avoid dying of lameness, I'm going to the Cubs game Monday which will be awesome and I'm seeing Iron Man 2 Saturday in IMAX.

So this is already a pretty long post but I want to talk about poker a bit and post some HHs too. I've played about 300 HU SnGs now and you guys saw my results, I'm doing fine but not winning much yet. I've been doing the MSN thing and improving my short game a lot, I'm also open sitting CAP NL now to get more practice at 30bb and I think it's gonna be a great addition to my game. I'm also gonna work with Primo for at least an hour or two reviewing my 30bb game to see where I have some obvious leaks.

I'm in the process of moving my AP roll over to Cake, basically because AP has proved it sucks royally in terms of integrity, and if they don't have plans of securing their servers and rolling in RSA tokens there's no fucking way I'm gonna let money accumulate through them. Fortunately I can withdraw and deposit onto Cake so I get a bonus (yay) which I'm in the process of unlocking already. Action on Cake is actually pretty good because the sng regs I've played at 110-220 are pretty meh and there's not a huge clutter in the cash lobby either. In a day or two I'll have my roll pretty well spread between FTP/Stars/Cake which is exactly what I've wanted for a while now and I'm glad it's finally getting done with.

So I don't think I'll bother posting any HHs from my SnG play because none of it is all that interesting but I have some fun stuff from cash


Full Tilt Poker $2/$4 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 692239
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $1482.50
BTN/SB: $878.50

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is BB with 5 of clubs 6 of hearts
BTN/SB raises to $12, Hero raises to $40, BTN/SB calls $28

Flop: ($80.00) K of spades 7 of diamonds 4 of hearts (2 players)
Hero bets $56, BTN/SB calls $56

Turn: ($192.00) 8 of diamonds (2 players)
Hero bets $162, BTN/SB calls $162

River: ($516.00) 4 of spades (2 players)
Hero bets $1224.50 all in, BTN/SB requests TIME, BTN/SB calls $620.50 all in

Final Pot: $1757.00

Hero shows 5 of clubs 6 of hearts (a straight, Eight high)
BTN/SB mucks 5 of spades 5 of hearts

Hero wins $1756.50
(Rake: $0.50)


This guy was one of the biggest stations I've ever played, had a really nice session against him because of it. Preflop is obviously kinda meh but I was running well and being a little splashy at the time, and I think it can still be good to 3bet a guy like this because I give myself initiative and an easy way to get 200bb+ into the pot when I want to, I can just easily c/f when I don't hit a big hand, and he's gonna let me get to showdown with the best hand when i hit random one pair hands too.


Full Tilt Poker $2/$4 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 692324
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN/SB): $2308.00
BB: $863.50

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is BTN/SB with Q of hearts K of clubs
Hero raises to $12, BB raises to $42, Hero raises to $96, BB calls $54

Flop: ($192.00) Q of spades 7 of diamonds Q of clubs (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $108, BB raises to $256, Hero calls $148

Turn: ($704.00) A of diamonds (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($704.00) 9 of hearts (2 players)
BB bets $511.50 all in, Hero calls $511.50

Final Pot: $1727.00

Hero shows Q of hearts K of clubs (three of a kind, Queens)
BB shows A of spades 2 of spades (two pair, Aces and Queens)

Hero wins $1726.50
(Rake: $0.50)


This is the same guy...he was 3betting extremely light at this point and flatting all 4bets, seems like a great hand to build the pot with for when I flop top pair but then BOOM. I was surprised by his c/r but I don't think there's any merit to doing something besides calling, and when he gave up on the turn I just wanted to give him the chance to fire a desperation river bluff, I'm obviously not worried because any draws have 4 or fewer outs to improve and also I'm going to stack an ace no matter what (which is what happened thankfully)



Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 692336
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $447.50
BTN/SB: $577.50

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with T of hearts 5 of hearts
BTN/SB raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, BTN/SB calls $12

Flop: ($36.00) K of clubs Q of diamonds 2 of diamonds (2 players)
Hero bets $22, BTN/SB calls $22

Turn: ($80.00) A of hearts (2 players)
Hero bets $120, BTN/SB requests TIME, BTN/SB calls $120

River: ($320.00) 9 of diamonds (2 players)
Hero bets $287.50 all in, BTN/SB calls $287.50

Final Pot: $895.00

Hero shows T of hearts 5 of hearts (Ace King high)
BTN/SB shows A of diamonds Q of clubs (two pair, Aces and Queens)

BTN/SB wins $894.50
(Rake: $0.50)


This was a hand I played against Nathan when we set up a 1/2 match a little while back. This was pretty early on and I remember Nathan being somewhat of a station in general so obviously its not always great to run 3 barrels against him. Anyways we were playing deep and eventually deeper and I wanted to be able to run this line (where I overbet turn on a drawy board to set up stacks) more often in the future. I also think that he's going to peel to this point with hands like AT/AJ and possibly KJ on the turn nearly 100% of the time, which will probably fold on this river. Any diamond is obviously a good card for me but I was planning to jam on some blanks, because I think my range is so damn nutted here (basically all combos of QQ+/AQ/AK/JTs) that he might fold some pretty good hands on a perceived bad bluff card. I also don't think I had a history of 3betting wide in our past matches, so I'm probably perceived to have it a lot. Anyways, we run into basically the best hand I expect him to have ever (and FWIW I know he used to 4bet AQ pre here so I didn't expect him to even be capable of having it at the time) so I'm not disappointed.




Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 692342
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $569.00
BTN/SB: $615.50

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with Q of hearts Q of spades
BTN/SB raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, BTN/SB raises to $40, Hero calls $22

Flop: ($80.00) 5 of hearts 5 of clubs 3 of clubs (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $48, Hero calls $48

Turn: ($176.00) 6 of hearts (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $124, Hero requests TIME, Hero raises to $481 all in, BTN/SB calls $357

River: ($1138.00) 3 of spades (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($1138.00) Q of clubs (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $1138.00

Hero shows Q of hearts Q of spades (a full house, Queens full of Fives)
BTN/SB shows J of diamonds J of clubs (two pair, Jacks and Fives)

Hero wins $568.50
Hero wins $568.50
(Rake: $1.00)


Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 692343
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $432.00
BTN/SB: $1325.25

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with 4 of clubs 3 of clubs
BTN/SB raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, BTN/SB raises to $40, Hero calls $22

Flop: ($80.00) 2 of clubs K of clubs 9 of diamonds (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB checks

Turn: ($80.00) 6 of hearts (2 players)
Hero bets $56, BTN/SB calls $56

River: ($192.00) A of clubs (2 players)
Hero bets $144, BTN/SB requests TIME, BTN/SB raises to $1229.25 all in, Hero calls $192 all in

Final Pot: $864.00

Hero shows 4 of clubs 3 of clubs (a flush, Ace high)
BTN/SB shows T of spades T of clubs (a pair of Tens)

Hero wins $863.50
(Rake: $0.50)


Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 692345
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN/SB): $1071.50
BB: $748.75

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN/SB with 8 of diamonds A of hearts
Hero raises to $6, BB raises to $21, Hero raises to $58, BB calls $37

Flop: ($116.00) 5 of spades 4 of diamonds 2 of diamonds (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $66, BB calls $66

Turn: ($248.00) 6 of spades (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($248.00) 7 of diamonds (2 players)
BB checks, Hero requests TIME, Hero bets $216, BB requests TIME, BB raises to $624.75 all in, Hero calls $408.75

Final Pot: $1497.50

Hero shows 8 of diamonds A of hearts (a straight, Eight high)
BB shows 9 of spades 9 of diamonds (a pair of Nines)

Hero wins $1497.00
(Rake: $0.50)

Nathan is kinda sick for being able to get it in this often at 300bb+...but I run better :)


Finally, here's a cash game graph of my profits since I took my loan from Arya...guess when I stopped playing 6max?


That's all for now, run good at life everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment