Thursday, January 21, 2010

Good Day

No HHs this time guys, just a few brief trip reports.

1. Rush Poker

This is the best thing ever. I got in 1,300 hands in less than two hours, playing an amount of tables that I'm fairly sure I could do more of. I was timing out a few times because of Skyping everyone I know about how awesome Rush Poker is, but regardless, I could probably handle 6 tables of this (or at least, 4 tables of 100nl Rush which is the cap and 2 tables of HU or 2 tables of 400nl 6m or something). This is going to become a habit, especially with earning 1k FTP points during that session. Oh, and running at 33ptbb/100 is probably also making me like it.

2. Justice Cafe

Just a small UChicago event that I just got back from, which was pretty sick. It was a fundraiser for justice in Gaza (and also for Haiti) and the majority of performances were from Palestinean background. There was spoken word poetry from college students and a few songs. I've never been to a poetry reading or even a rap concert and it was a cool experience to say the least. All the performers were amateur to some extent so it felt a little less intimidating for them and the crowd in my opinion. The last two guys who went had three short poems that overlapped with each other that were out of this world, I'll try to see if they go up on youtube and post it here later because they were really impressive and they're students here so I have to represent anything cool that UChicago is able to produce.

I'm gonna continue applying to summer internships but I hope everyone's doing well and if you haven't tried out Rush Poker yet I highly recommend it because I'm pretty certain that 98.3% of fish are currently playing that instead of any other game.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment